I-PRF therapy for hair loss treatment
The use of I-PRF therapy can be used with high effectiveness in both male and female hair loss, treatment has been shown in most cases to stop hair loss and is able to achieve a significant result in strengthening the hair and reactivating sleeping bulbs. In combination with hair transplant, it not only works as a beneficial effect on existing hair, but also helps the regeneration process for freshly relocated grafts.
Az I-PRF therapy helps to grow the new hairs faster.
PRF is also “rich” in fibrin and leukocytes and it does not contain heparin or any sorts of other additive. PRF fibrin contains growth factors such as PDGF, TGFb, IGF, VEGF, helps the healing of surface tissues, as well as bone tissue.
The essence of the I-PRF method
I-PRF therapy was developed by Dr. Joseph Choukroun in 2001, and the procedure has since spread as part of surgical procedures. The essence of the I-PRF method is that the patient’s blood is plasma is chosen, which, when delivered to the site of the procedure, helps to heal the wound and regeneration and can also be used as a bone replacement procedure.
Benefits of I-PRF treatment
- 100% biocompatible safe (contains its own tissue), so the body regenerate from its own cells.
- Has highly bacteriostatic properties, protects against bacteria, viruses. This prevents inflammation, wound infection and the accompanying unpleasant syndrome. As a result, regeneration is rapid and hassle-free.
- Easy, quick preparation proceed at the same time as surgical intervention, so that the treated surface regeneration can start immediately.
- Accelerates tissue regeneration, wound healing.
- Promotes healing of surface and bone tissues and promotes faster healing.
- Forms a matrix that gives a shape to the final fabric. The small veins grow into them and start the final tissue formation. Support the self-regeneration of the body.
- It has painkiller effect, the pain almost completely disappear after the first day.
- Antibiotics are not required after the procedure.
- The fibrin plug is used to keep the wound moist and promotes the formation of blood vessels (angiogenesis), which is very important for good wound healing and ossification.
- The procedure can also be used in patients taking blood thinners.
Procedure of the I-PRF
As a first step in the procedure, we draw blood from the patient and his venous blood is centrifuged. Thus In the separated there is several important constituents for wound healing. These are inter alia, fibrinous fibres, platelets, leukocytes, Cytokines.
At the end of centrifugation, three fractions can be distinguished:
– a deeper part containing red blood cells,
– a superficial layer containing platelet-poor plasma fraction,
– an intermediate fraction containing the platelet-rich fibrin (PRF) clot, which is then used clinically in the form of a membrane.
Fibrin fibres are proteins that play an important role in the blood clotting process by that their strands help to close the wounds, accelerate the contraction of the wound. This fibrin mesh is embedded in platelets and leukocytes (white blood cells), which thus form a protective layer in the se, and remain active for longer, function.
I-PRF therapy can be used with high effectiveness in both male and female hair loss, treatment stop hair loss in most of the cases.